The Chinese Embassy and Consulates randomly check the authenticity of applicants’ invitation letters by contacting the inviting party in China. Please ensure the contact information and signature of the inviting party is clear on the invitation letter in the event they are contacted. The application will be delayed or even denied if the Chinese authorities are not satisfied the letter is authentic.
A nationwide trial of a new short term work permit procedure in the People’s Republic of China will come into effect on 1 January 2015. The procedures clarify which activities will require short-term work permits instead of business visas for employment of less than 90 days. Previously, as long as a foreign national remained on home payroll and contract, work in China for up to 90 days was generally permissible on business visitor status. The new procedure makes it clear that this is no longer possible where the foreign national will be visiting a business partner (i.e. client or supplier), although note that intra company short term assignments may still be conducted on business status.
– The applicant’s passport must have at least two blank visa pages and be valid for a minimum of 6 months for a single entry Visa. For longer visas the passport must valid for at least 2 months beyond the visa period required.
2. Chinese visa Application Form.
– Applicants must sign Part 4 of the form with an original signature which matches the signature on the passport;
– Applicants must fully complete all answers to all questions. Questions that do not apply to the applicant must be completed as “N/A”;
– Applicants whose occupation includes media related activities must state their full job title in 1.15;
– Applicants who are self-employed must state their job title in 1.15;
– Handwritten forms must be completed in block capitals and black ink only;
– There can be no handwritten changes or correction fluid;
– Each page of the application form must be printed on separate sheets of A4 paper;
3. One Photo.
– A recently-taken colour passport photo (uncovered head, full face) against a light background (size: 48mm x 33mm) attached to page 1 of the form in the space provided.
4. Sign The Declaration Form.
– The Declaration Form must also be dated and signed. A copy is included in our visa form pack.
5. Our Order Form.
– For all orders.
– Please note that card payments carry a surcharge: £2 for standard UK debit cards and 3% for all other cards.
EITHER – FLIGHT & HOTEL Confirmations.
Documents showing the itinerary including air ticket bookings (round trip) and proof of hotel reservations.
OR – A Letter of Invitation from a Host in China and a Copy of his/her Chinese ID (Both Sides) or Passport ID Page and Valid Chinese Residence Permit for Non-Chinese host.
This letter must:
– Be clearly dated (day, month and year) and issued within 3 months of the applicants travel, by a person holding legal residence in mainland China;
– State the applicant’s full name exactly as it appears on their passport;
– State the applicant’s gender, date of birth and passport number;
– State the relationship between the applicant and the host;
– State who is covering the applicant’s expenses whilst in China;
– Include the date(s) of entry and exit;
– Include the length of stay and number of entries required;
– Specify the place and purpose of the visit;
– Include the full name, address and telephone number of the host;
– Bear the signature of the host (Chinese hosts must use his/her Chinese name as it appears on their Chinese ID);
– Not be an email (a scanned copy of the original letter is acceptable);
– For applicants of Turkish and French origin, the original letter is required (scanned copy NOT acceptable).
For applicants UNDER 18 Years Old.
– For all visa Applicants under 18 years old, a Parent must sign PART 5 of the visa form and also provide an original detailed birth Certificate and the parent’s Passport.
For applicants of Chinese origin.
– If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, in a new foreign passport, you should provide the last original Chinese passport;
– If you have obtained Chinese visas before in a previous passport, you should provide the original previous passport with the last Chinese visa;
– Applicants under 18 years old and of Chinese origin should provide an original and copy birth certificate of the applicant and original and copy of information page of the passports of both parents;
– If the applicants name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, an original official document of name change (e.g. Deed Poll) must also be provided.
– Applicants of Turkish origin are requested to submit an original invitation letter from China;
– Applicants of Sri Lanka origin must provide their ethnic group and religion which should be handwritten at the bottom of the first page of the visa form;
– Applicants must present official proof of a polio vaccination taken within 12 months of the date of entering China if holding a passport issued by one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia or Syria.